Character Creation Information
You can choose one of two methods for stat generation:
- Roll 4d6 in order (any order of your choosing). Stats may not be moved
after they have been generated for the specified ability.
- If the stats rolled are extremely low (my discretion), I may allow
you to reroll.
- If the stats rolled are too high (my discretion), I may force you to
reroll them (or use the point buy method instead, your choice).
- Assign 28 points using the point buy method.
Creating a Second (or third or fourth or...) Character
If you choose to roll 4d6 for your stats, and your character dies before
he reaches 4th level, you must use the same stats rolled for the dead character.
However, I will randomly reassign the rolls to other stats. If I think your
death was completely unavoidable (or extremely unlucky), at my discretion,
- Allow you to put the rolled stats in an order of your choosing or the
- Allow you to roll up a completely new character.
To be perfectly clear, this rule is instituted to "discourage"
character suicides if the 4d6 rolls aren't what the player hoped for. Remember,
you had the option to Point Buy your stats, and didn't.
To be perfectly clear: this rule only holds until the character reaches
Starting Level for New (or Replacement) Characters
New or replacement characters start at half the current party mean, rounded
down. New characters roll normal starting gold and, if above 1st level, will
receive one item of my choice.
Characters significantly below the party mean will receive bonus XP to
help them catch up. Characters above the party mean will receive no XP modifications,
allowing them to keep all hit points they would normally receive.